MOUNTAIN BIKE INSTRUCTOR (MIAS)
This is a training and assessment course at both Level 1 and 2 using the local region, run in conjunction with MIAS.
Multi-session course for
This course is designed for those who want to lead mountain bike groups from a club, outdoor centre, school or youth club.
- Candidates must have previous mountain bike experience
- Candidates must either hold a current First Aid award (minimum one-day, ideally two-day ITC First Aid OUTD0076); or be booked on a course.
- Minimum age 18.
Course content and methodology
- All MIAS and HCC Regulations and Guidelines covered.
- Ensuring good navigation skills and route finding.
- Will include how to make cycle safety checks.
- Personal skills and group management techniques included.
- Covering knowledge of appropriate clothing, equipment and First Aid.
- Level One - Allowing access to low-level terrain.
- Level Two - Allowing access to wild country.
- Level Three - Allowing access to mountainous regions.
Participants should bring
- Participants will need to bring a serviceable bike and clothing including helmet and gloves for appropriate conditions.
- Packed lunch and drinks are also required.
The MIAS awards are recognised by the Adventure Activity Licencing Service and Association of British Cycle Coaches.
Other Booking Information
- This course is designed for local conditions and not for open moorland or mountainous regions.