TRAILBLAZER - GET YOUR SCHOOL STARTED!
Trailblazer helps to support, coordinate, develop and accredit work in the outdoors: including environmental education, adventurous activities, off-site visits and personal & social development.
One day course for
A member of staff who is interested in developing more outdoor/out of the classroom learning in their school or youth group.
Course content and methodology
- to provide a clear understanding of the aims and structures of the Trailblazer scheme.
- to provide resources and ideas to enhance current teaching and learning.
- to provide practical examples of practical outdoor activities.
- to present a flexible scheme, well-structured and supported, which offers great rewards.
- to highlight the links between Trailblazer activities and curriculum requirements.
Participants should bring
appropriate clothing for the outdoors - whatever the weather: walking boots/wellies, waterproof jacket.
A coordinator's folder will be provided with a handbook, menus of resources for each strand of the award, activity cards, contact details of outdoor and environmental activity providers and much more!