School and Community Minibus Licences (D1)
Practical instruction and driving test for school staff requiring entitlement to drive a minibus.
Multi-session course for
Members of staff who obtained their car driving licences after 1 January 1997.
Philip Davies - Driving instructor
A Provisional D1 Licence - provisional entitlement for D1 needs to be added to your existing license
A D4 medical report signed by a GP
Successful completion of the PCV D/D1 multiple choice and hazard perception theory tests for lorries, buses and coaches
All delegates must be at least 21 years old in order to do this training.
Delegates should have a minimum of two years driving experience.
Course content and methodology
- Once the school has met the above pre-requisites, they should send the completed checklist and copies of the trainee's driving license to HTLC to evidence that the necessary pre-requisites are in place. The trainee will be then placed on the next available practical course and dates/times will be advised.
- The four-day course consists of three days practical training followed by a test day.
- The instructor to trainee ratio will be 1:2.
- From 15 November 2011 the D1 course now also includes the MiDAS qualification. Successful completion of all parts of this course removes the need for additional MiDAS training.
Participants should bring
- Their theory test certificate and valid, signed Great Britain or Northern Ireland driving licence.
- Where delegates have the new style photo card licence they should bring both parts (photo card and paper counterpart).
- For licences without photographs, candidates will also need to bring a valid passport.
- A packed lunch.
The cost per delegate for the training is as follows – this covers the four day practical training, test, MiDAS training and minibus hire.
- For HCC schools - £0 as the charge is fully funded by the schools forum.
- HCC sixth forms, FE and activity centres - £210.
- Academies, other LA school or HCC departments not associated with schools - £835.
Other Booking Information
Only when the necessary documentation is in place will the applicant be allocated dates for the training and test.
Initial expressions of interest can be made via firstname.lastname@example.org.
The school/delegate will be responsible for costs associated with gaining their provisional licence, theory test and medical plus release from school.