Supporting children and young people in dealing with bereavement and loss
A one day course for participants who may support a child or young person who may be bereaved.
One day course for
All face to face Children's Services practitioners (including foster carers). Also open to the voluntary sector and schools (see price list below).
Hampshire and Isle of Wight Educational Psychology
Practitioners must be working face to face with children and young people.
Participants will learn how to
- be aware of the impact of loss and bereavement in children’s lives
- consider the grieving process
- understand the developmental nature of children’s responses to death
- develop skills for communicating with children and families about bereavement
- build confidence in working with bereaved children and young people through experiential learning.
Course content and methodology
This course will be a workshop style with a combination of input, reflection, discussion
and practical activities.
Intended impact on practice
Participants will feel more confident in supporting a bereaved child or young person, with a
more secure understanding of the process of bereavement.
Other Booking Information
- Free to HCC CSD employees
- Free to HCC Foster Carers
- Cost to Voluntary Sector £84
- Cost to to others £120
- IBC users should book online Online Booking Guidance
- Those without on-line access should book using this application form
- Foster Carers: Please use this application form to apply for training after liaising with your FPSW
All charged bookings are subject to a late cancellation fee. Please exercise responsible booking practice and see our Cancellation Policy for full details. Notification of any changes to bookings must be sent by email to email@example.com