Eating Disorders - Working With
This two day course is intended to give an overview of eating disorders to enable practitioners to recognise signs and symptoms, and to respond appropriately.
Multi-session course for
Children and Families branch of Hampshire Children's Services will be given priority, but the training is open to all those who work with children.
Hampshire and Isle of Wight Educational Psychology
Please be aware that the courses above are related. You may find it useful to explore the other courses but do please be aware that some of the themes may cross over at times and therefore content may be covered more than once. That is because each of the courses need to stand as a single learning experience
Exploring eating disorders, with a focus on Anorexia nervosa and Bulimia Nervosa
Psychological explanations of eating disorders
Understanding triggers, risk factors
Protective and maintenance factors for eating disorders
Frequently asked questions regarding eating disorders.
The evidence base around what works in the treatment of eating disorders
How we can work with individuals who may suffer from eating difficulties
Explore various psychological interventions that can be used
- Delegates will gain experience in practising these different approaches
Intended impact on practice
- Practitioners will be more confident when they meet or work with a young person with an eating disorder
- Practitioners will be clear about where they can access support for themselves and the children and young people they work with.
Other Booking Information
- Free to HCC CSD employees
- Free to HCC Foster Carers
- Cost to Voluntary Sector £140
- Cost to to others £200
- IBC users should book online Guide for on line booking
- Those without on-line access should book using this Application Form
- Foster Carers: Please use this Application Form to apply for training after liaising with your FPSW
All charged bookings are subject to a late cancellation fee. Please exercise responsible booking practice and see our Cancellation Policy for full details. Notification of any changes to bookings must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org