Foster Care: Cool Calm and Connected
A multi-session workshop offering all Foster Carers practical tools for understanding looked-after children’s emotional needs and positive techniques for responding to their behavioural challenges.
Please note this course contains a mixture of: two day session weekday events, two day session weekend events and three evening events. For more details make sure to continue to the bottom of the page.
Multi-session course for
All HCC Foster Carers
Hampshire and Isle of Wight Educational Psychology
You are required to attend all sessions of this workshopThis is mandatory post approval training, for all HCC Foster Carers to complete within their first year
Participants will learn how to
- Identify patterns of behaviour and underlying emotional needs
- Support the child to develop social skills and feel valued
- Develop a positive approach to a priority problem behaviour
- Keep connected and restore calm in challenging situations
- Check their own stress levels and take care of themselves
- Participants will be expected to fully explore the impact of their learning on the children and young people they are working with.
Course content and methodology
- Individual & group activities
- Sharing knowledge & experiences
You are required to attend both sessions of this workshop
Tea and coffee is provided
Participants should bring lunch and an appetite to learn!
Other Booking Information
The cost of this training is £180 but is provided free for HCC Foster Carers
To book your place on this training please use this application form