Conciliation Skills - Effective Mediation and Negotiation in Work with Families
This 2 day course gives practitioners knowledge and understanding of the underlying skills involved in negotiation and mediation, and the confidence to use these skills with families.
Multi-session course for
All front-line practitioners, who work with parents, children or families experiencing conflict.
- Hampshire Educational Psychology
Course pre requisite
- A short pre-course questionnaire will be sent to you which you will be asked to send back to course leaders prior to the training.This will be sent with the joining instructions for the course.
Participants will be able to
- Further develop skills in effective communication and building rapport
- Better prepare for tricky discussions and meetings
- Handle objections in a constructive way
- Consider the elements of principled negotiation
- Develop personal knowledge, skills and understanding of conciliation and mediation techniques and strategies
Learning outcomes will be adjusted to meet the delegates' learning needs, identified through the pre course questionnaire.
Course content and methodology
There will be some presentation by the trainers but the course will be highly participative, involving discussion, practical activities and group work
Intended impact on practice
Enable practitioners to achieve more positive outcomes for families
Other Booking Information
Full cost of training £200
Voluntary Sector £140
Free to staff in the C&F branch of CSD
HCC staff should book a place online. Guide for online booking
Non HCC staff please submit this application form
charged bookings are subject to a late cancellation fee. Please exercise
responsible booking practice and see our Cancellation
Policy for full details. Notification of any changes to bookings must
be sent by email to email@example.com