Leading from the Core: A Professional Development Course for New and Aspiring Primary English Co-ordinators
An inspirational English coordinator with the drive and vision to lead and manage development makes an essential contribution to school improvement. This course strives to create English Coordinators and takes the form of two full days.
Multi-session course for
English co-ordinators or any teacher aspiring to become one
HIAS English Team - Owen Tromans, Teaching and Learning Adviser English
Participants will learn how to
- Explore the importance of a personal and school vision for teaching and learning.
- Develop a personal style of leadership.
- Plan for development in the subject, taking account of curriculum, pedagogy and assessment.
- Secure accountability in pupils and teachers.
- Use data effectively to monitor and support student progress.
- Use monitoring to inform self evaluation and drive improvement.
- Articulate your vision in the wider school community.
Course content and methodology
- Presentations by a member of the HIAS English team.
- Time for reflection and group discussion.
- Analysis of data and methodology.
- Time to plan for future success.
- Participants will learn how to manage the demands of implementing a changing curriculum and assessment framework in a time of flux.
Other Booking Information
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Course details will be emailed to the delegate. Please ensure a contact email address is given at the time of booking. The joining instructions will contain links.