Leading and Managing Philosophy for Children (P4C) in your School
This course aims to enable teachers responsible for leading P4C in their school to gain skills and understanding that will ensure P4C can be embedded across the school.
Part day course for
Headteachers, deputy headteachers and others in leadership roles with responsibility for leading and managing P4C in their school.
Patricia Hannam - County Inspector/Adviser RE, History & Philosophy, Jonathan Hannam - Educational Consultant, Facilitator and Coach
Knowledge and understanding
- Deeper understanding of ways in which P4C can be embedded into school.
- Deeper understanding of the issues in leading and managing of a whole school pedagogy such as P4C.
- Deeper understanding regarding issues in relation to the management of change involved with embedding P4C across a whole school.
Participants will learn how to
- Develop high quality teaching with P4C in different year groups.
- Plan for progression in P4C in their context.
Course content and methodology
- Demonstration of practical activities related to developing philosophy for children in your school.
- Activities to enhance understanding of leadership and management of P4C across the school.
Intended impact on practice
- Development towards outstanding P4C practice in your context.
Participants should bring
- Current policy and planning in relation to P4C already existing in their school.