EDUCATIONAL VISITS CO-ORDINATOR INITIAL TRAINING AND INDUCTION DAY
An HCC and nationally recognised training course covering all the essential core elements of both national and local requirements for EVC's to support their establishments.
One day course for
A senior member of staff from a school who is new to taking on the role of Educational Visits Co-ordinator (EVC).
Participants will learn how to
- understand the roles and responsibilites of the EVC in managing visits.
- understand risk assessment and safety management issues.
- provide supervision and leadership support for educational visits.
Course content and methodology
- to understand the functions of the EVC, why the role is important and how it operates.
- to establish what the EVC needs to know and do, and where to get support.
- to become up-to-date with current good practice, new regulations and guidance nationally and locally.
- to introduce all the new web-based developments in outdoor education and outdoor learning.
- to establish a sustainable and supportive structure for an establishments off-site visit.