ITC Outdoor First Aid
A thorough First Aid course, recommended to anyone working in the outdoors. It is nationally recognised and is the right level to support many outdoor qualifications, like Skiing, Mountain biking (MIAS) and Mountain leader (ML).
Multi-session course for
For those working in the outdoors. This level of First Aid is needed to validate some other active qualifications.
Outdoor Education Team, Phil Quill
ITC Outdoor First Aid Incident Management Course
This two day, 16 hour course is particularly suited to DofE leaders and others working in an outdoor context. It is an active, practical course with content tailored for specialist outdoor environments. Keeps most National Governing Body Instructor Awards valid.
- Safe, best practice
- Continual comparison of urban and remote outdoor considerations
- A systematic approach to incident management in the outdoors
- Unconsciousness, causes and treatment
- External bleeding, internal bleeding and shock
- Resuscitation procedures including CPR and choking
- Awareness of current sector regulations
- Injury management outdoors
- Illness recognition and management
- Managing thermal (heat, cold) problems
- Incident management scenarios
This qualification is valid for three years.
Other Booking Information
Cancellation within two weeks of event start date is subject to full course fee payable in line with our usual booking policy.