Safeguarding for all staff in Childcare Settings
This course is aimed at staff working in Early Education or Child Care settings and Childminders who work on a day-to-day basis with children, and who could potentially contribute to assessing, planning and reviewing the needs of a child and parenting capacity where there are safeguarding concerns. The course will develop participants' knowledge of what to do if they have concerns about the safety and welfare of children. It will set out individual staff responsibilities in their own setting within the context of national and local policies and procedures.
One day course for
Early Years Practitioners and Childminders who work on a day-to-day basis with children
Kim McCann - CSD Workforce Development Officer
The cost of this course is NOT covered by SfYC subscriptions, and must be paid for separately. Invoices will be raised after the event.
This course was previously known as "Safeguarding Group 3" - it has been redesigned and is presented by HCC Children's Services team rather than by an external trainer.
By the end of the course participants will:
- Have developed their understanding of the legal framework and guidance underpinning safeguarding practice
- Identified the ways personal and cultural values may impact on the identification of harm and decision making
- Be able to identify and understand the categories of abuse in relation to children in their setting
- Understand factors that might increase the risk of significant harm
- Know how to respond to concerns about a child in your setting
- Understand how to respond to concerns about the behaviour of adults working with children
- Understand what may prevent children and adults communicating their concerns
- How settings can facilitate communication through safe cultures
Other Booking Information
If you are an online booker please book online - if you experience any difficulty please consult the
Zone Help pages in the first instance. If you are unable to resolve your problem
please email firstname.lastname@example.org
stating the nature of your issue.
- Travel and supply costs must be met by the applicant. Lunch is not provided.
- If you are unable to book online please compete this application form - be sure to state your employers full billing address and the establishment OFSTED URN number.
- All bookings are subject to our Cancellation Policy - please exercise responsible booking practice.