Improving Spelling - A Whole School Approach
A course for English leaders wishing to improve spelling in their school and class teachers who wish to improve their approaches to the teaching of spelling.
Multi-session course for
English leaders and/or classroom teachers wishing to develop their practice in the teaching of spelling.
Owen Tromans - Teaching and Learning Adviser for English
Spelling is a linguistic skill that develops through interactions. This course will explore spelling in context, as an integral part of reading and writing with strong links to vocabulary development.
Areas covered will include:
- Creative and contextual approaches to the teaching of spelling.
- Moving beyond phonics to explore orthography, morphology and etymology.
- Effectively raising the profile of spelling across the school.
- Building a culture of error analysis and response.
- Approaches to self-correction and the effective editing and refining of written work.
Other Booking Information