Using Philosophy for Children with "Living Difference III"
A course for teachers of RE in primary (early years, infants and juniors), secondary and special schools who want to develop the skills of philosophical enquiry in RE using the County Agreed Syllabus 'Living Difference III'.
Multi-session course for
Primary and secondary teachers of RE.
Patricia Hannam - County Inspector/Adviser RE, History & Philosophy
- interest in and preferably experience of planning RE using Living Difference III.
Knowledge and understanding
- An introduction to theory and practice for Philosophy for Children (P4C).
- Reflecting on how P4C can deepen children and young people's thinking in the enquiry cycle of 'Living Difference III'.
Participants will learn how to
- Facilitate communities of philosophical enquiry.
- Develop advanced questioning techniques.
- plan for cycles of enquiry integrating philosophical enquiry.
Course content and methodology
- Group and individual tasks.
- Models of philosophical enquiries.
Intended impact on practice
- Improved questioning and enquiry skills and raising attainment and aspirations in RE.
- Increasing children and young people's interest in taking responsibility for their classroom enquiries.
- Develop upderstanding of planning with 'Living Difference III'.
- Participants on this course will receive Level 1 SAPERE accreditation.
- There is the possibility of progressing to Level 2 and 3 SAPERE accreditation.
Participants should bring
- An example of planning of a cycle with 'Living Difference III' to the second day .
Other Booking Information
Course cost includes SAPERE registration and handbook.