Primary History Network Group (2017-18)
A series of two network meetings for those responsible for leading, managing and teaching history in the primary school, to share innovative teaching ideas and keep abreast of forthcoming changes.
Multi-session course for
Subject leaders interested in teaching history in the primary school.
Patricia Hannam - County Inspector/Adviser RE, History & Philosophy - These network meetings will also be presented by experienced subject leaders of history who are members of the Hampshire Primary History Steering Group
Participants will learn how to:
- Develop exciting and engaging historical enquiries.
- Explore resources relevant to the new primary curriculum.
- Gain the necessary confidence and expertise to embed a new curriculum.
Course content and methodology:
- Presentations by leading history teachers.
- Group activities.
- Discussion and exploration of new, exciting and innovative ideas to raise engagement in your classroom.
Intended impact on practice:
- Embedding of good and outstanding history in the primary classroom.
Other Booking Information
This programme is spread across two financial years so the cost will be split into two invoices.The total cost is Sub price £120 - SLA £30 - Full £144 and will be spread over two financial years as follows:17/18 Sub price £60 SLA £15 Full price £7218/19 Sub price £60 SLA £15 Full price £72