Three Steps Ahead
This programme will extend participants’ knowledge, skills and personal effectiveness in a structured programme using a wide range of learning opportunities and speakers.
Multi-session course for
Current middle leaders who show potential to take the next step on the leadership pathway.
Jane Wilson - Primary Phase Inspector/Adviser - and three senior leaders from the primary and secondary phase.
- Participants will be primary, secondary and special school middle leaders who will have demonstrated strong senior leadership potential.
- Participants will be expected to undertake inter-sessional tasks for extending learning beyond the formal sessions.
- Participants will have the support of deputy headteachers for formal and informal learning opportunities.
Knowledge and understanding
The programme will focus on:
- What we know about effective leadership.
- Values, beliefs and personal effectiveness.
- Leadership qualities and behaviours.
Participants will learn how to
- Develop themselves, others and their culture through leadership learning.
- Implement and use resources from peer networking, as well as the literature provided.
Course content and methodology
- Action learning.
- Peer networking.
- Collaborative triads.
- 360 degree feedback.
- Research and analysis of leadership in another context.
- Reading and sharing resources.
- Enquiry visit at another school (the visit is additional to the other sessions and must be completed by a specified deadline).
“The course was inspirational! I benefitted from working with a triad of people and observing other heads in action. The reading and research has helped me improve my leadership skills”.
“My triad have helped and guided me to
embrace and enjoy leadership.”
“Delivery of the course was fantastic – productive, informative and reflective. I was given many opportunities to consider my learning journey and reflect on how this will impact me both now and in my future career”.
“Best course I have ever been on! ..... I have used the skills I have developed to apply for leadership roles, of which I have been successful and am now an AHT….. I would recommend this course to anyone who is looking to develop themselves as a leader”.
course that has really helped me further my career and have the confidence to
make the ‘next steps’ so that I am ready to move into senior leadership.”
Other Booking Information
This programme is split across two financial years so the cost will be in two invoices. The total cost is Sub price £496 - SLA £280 - Full £600 and will be spread over two financial years as follows:
- 17/18 Sub price £248 - SLA £140 - Full price £300
- 18/19 Sub price £248 - SLA £140 - Full price £300
Prices quoted are for Hampshire maintained schools only. Prices for all other types of school are available on request - please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participants should bring a laptop to each session if they would rather work electronically than use the notebooks provided.
Prices quoted are for
Hampshire maintained schools only. Prices for all other types of school are £920 (17/18 £460 18/19 £460)