Secondary History County Network Group (2017/18)
A series of three network meetings for those responsible for leading, managing and teaching history in the secondary school, to share innovative teaching ideas and keep abreast of forthcoming changes.
Multi-session course for
Heads of history, heads of humanities, history teachers or other teachers interested in teaching history in the secondary school.
Sarah Herrity - Teaching and Learning Adviser (Secondary History) - History Hampshire Leading Teacher
Participants will learn how to
- Develop exciting and engaging historical enquiries.
- Explore new and exciting resources.
- Raise aspiration and achievement as you prepare for new GCSE specifications.
- Gain necessary confidence and expertise to embed a new curriculum.
Course content and methodology
- Presentations by leading history teachers.
- Group activities.
- Discussion and exploration of new, exciting and innovative ideas to raise engagement in your classroom.
Intended impact on practice
- Raising achievement across Key Stages 3 and 4.
- Raised level of engagement in history for all students in the secondary school.
Other Booking Information