ECLIPSE.NET & READING CLOUD WORKSHOP
A workshop providing supportive training on the Eclipse.net library management programme, to enable schools to get more effective use and value from this expensive resource. Also includes extra modules for those using the Reading Cloud interface.
Half day course for
LRC Managers, librarians and library assistants working in secondary schools
- Delegates should check before enrolling on the course that they are running Eclipse.net in school. This course is not suitable for those operating the Eclipse 2 software.
- The course is suitable for new or existing users of Eclipse.net. The course will be taught using the Silverlight version of Eclipse.net
The workshop will enable delegates to understand the wide range of uses for this library package and how effectively implement the functionality in the school setting.
Participants will learn to become more effective users of the Eclipse.net system
Course content and methodology
Workshop format. Delegates will determine their own objectives with guidance from two members of SLS staff.
It is expected that the course will cover some of the following areas:
- Databases: resources, tutor groups, borrowers, current loans, past loans
- Using reviews
- Using the Search facility (librarians, school staff and pupils)
- Circulate, including Multi-issue and Return
- Scheduled tasks including Hambase and Discovery online
- Social media and supplementary settings in Reading Cloud
Other Booking Information
The cost for non-subscribing schools is £200