Addressing the Gender Gap in Primary English
Addressing the issue of boys’ (under)achievement in primary English, this one-day course explores practical strategies and approaches to maximise progress and attainment for all pupils.
One day course for
Primary English teachers
Emma Scribbans - HIAS Teaching & Learning Adviser for English
aims to unpick issues surrounding the gender gap in English, exploring
differences between boys and girls and developing practical strategies to
address barriers to progress in the classroom.
covered will include:
- Develop an understanding of the evidence base and what it suggests
- Identifying barriers based on knowledge of early physical and emotional development, language and expression
- Engagement in the curriculum – what does the research tell us?
- Developing empathy and inference skills in reading
- Building a culture of self-motivation and pride