The Annual Hampshire and Wessex Secondary RE Leadership Conference 2018: Finding Direction for the Future
This is an opportunity for you as a secondary RE teacher to be fully up-to-date regarding current developments in RE, including the final report of the Commission on RE; to be challenged and to grow in your teaching expertise, and be better able to lead RE in your school.
Key-note speakers will include Dr Joyce Miller. The Commission on RE.
One day conference for
Teachers in a position of leadership in their school for RE, or other teachers considering taking up leadership of RE in the future.
Patricia Hannam - County Inspector/Adviser RE, History & Philosophy - Keynote speakers will include: Dr Joyce Miller
Knowledge and understanding
- Reflect on the significance of teaching RE today.
- Build teaching expertise and confidence.
- Grow leadership and management skills.
- Share experience of teaching new GCSE specifications - direct access to exam board experts.
Participants will learn how to
- Investigate the impact of new ideas in our agreed syllabus 'Living Difference III'.
- Develop aspirational and engaging approaches to RE teaching at Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4.
Course content and methodology
- Keynote presentations.
- Workshop activities.
- Round table discussions and presentations on subject knowledge for GCSE.
Intended impact on practice
- Inspired, and able to inspire others, to teach fabulous RE.
- Interest in, and further reflection on, the new ideas in 'Living Difference III'.
- Contribute to raising engagement and achievement at GCSE.
Participants should bring
- Information about GCSE specifications.
Other Booking Information