Hampshire PE Conference 2018 - Addressing Physical Activity and Wellbeing in Hampshire Schools (ODPT0007-14AD)
100 spaces, RESTRICTED
The Ageas Bowl
Keynotes from Dr Dawn Harper - TV's Embarrassing Bodies, the Chief Executive of the Youth Sport Trust - Ali Oliver and compered by Sally Gunnell OBE - Olympic Gold medallist
One day conference for
Head Teachers, Curriculum Leaders, Health Professionals and PE staff across all phases of education.
Course content and methodology
The morning will focus on healthy lifestyles, physical activity and its link with attainment and is particularly relevant to Head Teachers and Health Professionals - as well as PE staff across all key stages. The main address will be from Dr Dawn Harper looking at topics such as childhood obesity and mental health.The keynote will look at the signs, symptoms and how you as professionals can help make a difference.
The second keynote will be by Ali Oliver - Chief Executive of the Youth Sport Trust
The morning session will conclude with a Q&A hosted by Sally Gunnell with the keynote speakers
Participants will learn how to
The afternoon session will be curriculum based, with a range of workshops aiming to improve the quality of teaching and learning in Physical Education across all key stages.
Primary delegates will have the option to choose two of the following workshops:
- Balance Bike and Scooter Skills
- Skipping with Skip2bFit
- Top Ten Tips for Delivering Primary PE
- Measuring Impact - PE, Sport and Health Wheel
- Engaging Parents/Carers into Physical Activity and Play
- Re-Connecting with Nature through Active Learning
- Introducing the Golden Mile
A rotational workshop looking at Key Stage 4 options. Delegates will choose workshops on GCSE (Edexcel and AQA), BTEC, V Certs and performance/attainment workshops. The aim is to ensure delegates are aware of all options available to them and are equipped to deliver with confidence.
Participants should bring
An enthusiasm to influence
practice within their own schools. Some workshops in the afternoon will be practically
based so delegates may need to bring appropriate clothing/footwear
Contact Catherine Elsom firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Other Booking Information
- Due to unrecoverable costs incurred, please note that unless in exceptional circumstances, full cost will be payable in the event of delegate cancellation within 14 days of event or failure to attend.
- A £15 discount on the full day rate is available where a Head Teacher from the same school is attending the morning session. Please confirm when booking.
Eastleigh, Hedge End and Locks Heath area